, , , ,

A new day and a much brighter one now that I THINK I have resolved an earlier issue with the new Windows 10 Store App.

As mentioned in my earlier post, I had made the switch from Windows 7 (loved this version) to the new Windows 10 and almost immediately began having some trouble opening a few of their apps. Not to be outsmarted (or sent insane) I spent a good few hours of my weekend ‘googling‘ for answers.
I wasn’t too fussed about the Movie and News app as we have plenty of excellent networks readily available to us but there are so many other wonderful apps out there which without the STORE app, I may never have had access to!

At first my search left me stressing as there didn’t appear to be many folk suffering like myself, and for awhile the only results coming my way were in relation to Windows 8.1 which looked like the Store app (in particular) had been a real headache.
This morning (however) was a different story- today I located numerous links & threads all experiencing the same issue with the Store app and all seeking help.
I have since replied to a few with the information that I received (a MS tech post) and which I believe fixed the glitch-The advice the technician posted along with my own time and efforts appear to have paid off so have re-posted here for my readers.
In his forum post the technician set out instructions to change the script within the Command Prompt which I have included here :
If you are having problems launching the new “Store (Beta)”, we recommend running the following PowerShell script to re-register the new Store:

  1. In the Search box, type CMD
  2. Right click on Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator
  3. In the command prompt, enter the following command:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command “& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + ‘\AppxManifest.xml’ ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}”

The problem wasn’t resolved directly AFTER the above procedure and it wasn’t until I turned on my laptop today, that I was able to finally access the Store App.
But the best news is that not only is this app now working, but so too all the others!
I cannot be sure if the configuration of the CP script WAS the solution, it may well have been that Microsoft had fixed on their end but its still worth trying.
Microsoft Support have a great little community and pleased to say I found quite a bit of useful information whilst flipping through their forums.

NOTE:I must point out that this is NOT a guaranteed solution for all as each PC & hard-drive are obviously different so I highly recommend visiting the Microsoft Support site before throwing the towel in!